Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My Heart Will Go On

I had the opportunity to be the MC (Master of Ceremony) and perform at our Young Men/Young Women's Talent Show last night... it was super fun!!!

I have really come to love performing and connecting with music to share with the world... ok well, my friends :). I've truly began to notice the blessing it is in my life, and the talents that I have and that they continue to grow. Music has saved my life, and my goal for life is to touch others' lives with it. This song is very dear to my heart, and about in the middle of it I get pretty choked up (as you can tell by out of tune notes lol) but for me, to be able to stand there and to push through the emotions- it's amazing to me. It becomes a little reminder that no matter what I go through, I can push through it, and in the end, it might not turn out the way I want it to, or as well... but I did it. I pushed through it, and I came out all right on the other side. I've been through a lot, but I've come out of it a better person; a stronger person. And for that, I am eternally grateful.

Here's to you Sister Cook! For opening my doors and teaching me to love music!!!

4 comments:

Beck said...

heather, you go girl! WOW! I could never 1. sing infront of someone 2. sing a Celine song and 3 put it on the web... you rock! Miss you girl! Beck

Kent and Emily Cook said...

Heather!
You are a rock star! I am so proud of you. Your voice sounds so strong and clear. I can't wait to teach you again this summer, and more especially, have you bless our lives again with your sweet personality. Even just tonight Ellie said, "Guess who's coming soon?...Heather!!!" They are so excited to have you around again. We can't wait! I LOVE the blog and feel very humbled and honored...Much love.

Sessions Family said...

What an outstanding job, Heather...I can't believe it's been so long since we've seen you and your family and now here you are performing! Wish you could be with your family when they come to visit us in the UK and we all go on our Scotland excursion together. Make the most of Switzerland and enjoy yourself! Love, Dane, Debbie and Children

Heather said...

Thanks Uncle Dane!! I'm sad I'm missing out too, but I'm sure you guys will have a blast and stories to tell!! :) Hope all is well!

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for reading!