The past month and a half or so have become a blur! Between surviving my first semester of college finals, so working full-time to keeping up with my church callings.... I have definitely had my fare share of stressful times! However, it has been an enjoyable ride. It blows my mind that I'll be starting a new semester in less than two weeks... break has just flown by! I have thoroughly enjoyed not having to stress about school and due dates... hopefully I can get back into my mind set though once school starts.. preferably, before it starts so that I'm ready.. but I'm sure it will be another transitioning process :)
Christmas and New Year's was very relaxing and enjoyable with my family. For some reason, this year made me really excited to start our family traditions with my own family some day... such as making German Pancakes after we open our presents and not eating again until dinner because we eat so much of it! Another tradition is that Kyle and I usually wake mom and dad up around 6:00am (the rule is no earlier than 6:00) to get downstairs... this year.... Mom actually woke me up... around 9:00am...WHOA! haha it was really funny! I had taken NyQuil the night before because I wasn't feeling well, and I guess it helped me sleep until then instead of waking up at the crack of dawn with Kyle...
New Year's was also a lot of fun! I had been called as the "Chair of the Committee" to plan and execute the Young Single Adult New Year's Eve Party. No pressure right?!?! It actually worked out really well!!! I had all the help I needed and the night ran smoothly... besides the fire alarm and the fire and police department coming... the night ran smoothly... Yup. You read right... the fire alarms went off... of course something like that would happen right?! With my luck, of course it would!!! :) The fog machine our cook had set up in the kitchen (to jazz it up I guess) got too much smoke in one area and set off the alarm... the alarms went off for about 45 min before the fire department could get the box opened to get the key out to turn off the alarms.... all the while, I was the biggest wreck you had ever seen... between hyperventilating, crying, shaking, and feeling like a failure, we were able to get the situation under control and back to our party. I guess I made history right?! HA! Oh well... I had a lot of positive comments after the dance, so I guess it was a success!!! :) We had a "Black and White Party" theme with black lights, christmas lights taped up everywhere, streamers.. glow sticks... it turned out PERFECTLY! After the New Year hit, we served breakfast to about.. probably 100 YSA's or so... Then high-tailed it out of there back to our families.
All in all, it was a VERY fun night full of wonderful memories and sore legs on my part! :)
Happy New Year to all-I hope this year is a good one for everyone! I know, as I've reflected back on the past year... I am definitely very grateful for everything. It was a good year full of memories I hope to never forget!!


No comments:
Post a Comment