It's been so long since I've blogged... it's really quite embarrassing!!!!! So it's officially been just over 5 weeks that I've been home, and I have experienced quite a lot!! Who said that my only learning and spiritual experiences where in Switzerland?! ;) Oh that's right... I did. Well, I will gladly admit that I was humbled pretty quickly to that, and have learned even more about myself since being home.
Things that have happened.... hmmmmm... We had a Branch activity at my house and it was called "The International BBQ" in honor of my birthday (kind of) and to get the Branch together to eat Swiss Raclette and Swiss Chocolate Fondue, and other International foods. We had a rousing game of Woffle Ball in the backyard and created a band in my living room with Guitar Hero World Tour. It was a really fun night!!!
Most of my attention, focus and stress lately has been on the YSA Conference that is actually this upcoming weekend. I'll be glad when it's over and the stress is gone, however I am extremely looking forward to it. It's going to be a lot of fun!!! Hopefully, I'll be able to post pictures here after the event. If not, find me on facebook as I'm sure they will be there ;)
I miss my Fabienne more than anything right now!!! She became such a close friend and sister to me that I miss having her influence around me all the time. We keep playing ooVoo tag and haven't been able to talk since I got home... but we're trying again today :)
Not only do I miss Fabienne, I really really really really REALLY miss my girls and Charlie. Like... You have no idea how much. I miss talking to my Madison and playing Hannah Montana Wii. I miss laughing with and at my Ellie with the crazy wacko things that funny girl says! I can ALWAYS count on her to make me laugh. I love her so much. And Charlie... my little Charlie. I miss his kisses. Yup. Straight up. I miss Charlie's kisses. There was just something about the way he would look up at me with his beautiful, see-through blue eyes and four tooth grin and just give me a kiss. My absolute favorite thing he started doing right at the end of my stay was I would come up the stairs into the kitchen and he would be sitting in his high chair and all of a sudden once he heard me coming up he would start squealing, "HEDDA!! HEDDAR!!" it was seriously the cutest thing in the world. Not to mention... a total tear jerker right now as I'm remembering it :) He is such a sweet child with such a genuine spirit. He is going to be a wonderful young man. Emily and Kent... holy cow. I love and miss them so much as well. Their guidance and council and example is something that I will never get enough of. I soak up as much as I can while I'm with them, and even then It's not enough. I will never grow tired of them or their example to me. I hope that one day, I will be able to become like them and have as wonderful of a family as they do.
Like I said, a lot has happened but I don't really have a lot of time at the moment! BUT! I will say this.... :) If you ever happen to run into a Platinum Summer Sales Guy... give him a chance. Because the ones I know out here in St. Louis are some of the best guys I have ever met. Hands down. We have been having so much fun this past week and have a pretty exciting week planned ahead of us. My parents love all of them and ask me quite often when they are coming over again. In fact, me my mom and kyle are going to take a group of them to Nauvoo on the 26th and we are all SO excited!!!!!!! It finally feels like summer!!! ;) Morer stories to come I'm sure!!!!
Until then....


No comments:
Post a Comment