Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, September 20, 2009

These Past Two Weeks at a Glance

The past two weeks have really been a blur.... on Thursday the 10th, Wes came for a visit with his Dad. They were passing through Saint Louis while taking Wes down to Garden City, Kansas for Wes' new job with Point Security Systems. I'm so proud of Wes and everything that he's accomplished and done to get where he is!!! He's a hard worker and knows how to get the job done.

It was so fun to get to know Wes' Dad and spend the evening with them! Plus, I hadn't seen Wes in over a month... so just seeing him for the night (they only stayed in town Thursday) was more than I could ask for. As soon as he walked through the door, it felt like he had never left... It was incredible!!

Slowly but surely, the week continued. My frustrations with my Music Theory class climbed ever higher. However, every time I got a nightly phone call from Wes, I finished off my nights with a huge smile on my face and the stress went away for the night. Then, out of nowhere... It's Friday, I'm sitting outside watching the newest version of Johnny Lingo on a projector and my really good friend Christine finally shows up. At the time, I couldn't figure out who was with her, but as they got closer I realized that I recognized who was with her! It was her boyfriend Chris, who is Wes's really good friend, and all four of us loved hanging out during the summer together. Near the end of the summer, Wes and Chris were actually roommates and that's how Christine and I became really close-we were both over at their apartment all the time :)

I TOTALLY freaked out when I realized it was Chris and ran over to both of them. It was SOOOO good to see him and I was SO excited for Christine!! Both of us had talked Monday night at FHE about Wes and Chris and how much it has helped me to see Wes that week, knowing that I wouldn't see him again until December...

Chris flew in from BYU-I Friday night and surprised Christine for her birthday!! It was so cute!!!! Then, through talking, I found out that Wes was on his way to St. Louis to surprise ME!!! I couldn't believe it!!!!!!!! All four of us were going to be all together again since the summer!!!!! A lot of different things happened, Wes's new car that he was driving ended up having some electrical problems, so he had to turn around and head back to Kansas. He got it fixed, and at the time decided that it wasn't worth it to drive out Saturday afternoon, so we decided he could just come another weekend. Later that night, when I got off work I had a text from Wes so I called him. Through casual conversation he said something that made me stop dead in my tracks. He said, "You need to make me a CD for my car that I can listen to on my way back from your house." I went silent and then said, "What?! Silence. "Are you on your way to my house?!" He said he was, and that he was about 2 hours out. I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT!!! He was still going to come!!!!!!! He said that he decided around 5:30pm after working for a few hours that he was just going to come. So he jumped in his car (it was fixed) and started driving. I really can't wrap my mind around how lucky I am. How truly, honestly blessed and lucky I am to have met him this summer. I've never felt so happy!!! My jaw and muscles in the back of my head HURT from how much I've smiled today and yesterday. I have never smiled this much in my life.... to the point that it literally HURTS. :-D And I love every minute of it.

Wes got here around 4:00am Saturday morning. We (Mom and I) sent him straight to bed and all of us got up to go to my family ward at 9:00am that morning so that Wes and I could meet up with Chris and Christine to hang out. His new car is BEAUTIFUL!!! It's an Audi A4 Turbo and is quite literally my dream car. Black finish, black tinted windows, black leather seats, silver accents, sunroof, dual climate control, manual and automatic transmission... and it's a German made car :) It really doesn't get any better than that. It really doesn't. She is GORGEOUS. He already calls it "his baby" and is extremely protective over it. He got one STEAL of a deal on this $33,000 car and is so happy about it! Who would've thought that Wes would actually love buying something for less than what the listing price was?! ;) I guess I'm starting to rub off on him... about time!!!

So, we spent the day partly with Chris and Christine, and then spent the afternoon together. Took a drive through the windy, small roads of Missouri with Kyle and thoroughly enjoyed the breathtaking views and changing colors in the trees. I truly felt like I was back in the country I love so dearly with all my heart. The only thing missing, was the Alps. We were driving through farmland, rolling green hills, and everything was quiet. I had an extremely strong feeling of flashbacks. Wes noticed that something was wrong, but I blamed it on being nervous about driving his car (he let me drive :) ). I've always been connected emotionally and spiritually to that place 5,000 miles and an ocean away, and it seems that every time I have a flashback, the feelings get stronger and stronger as I begin to realize more and more of what I learned while I was there. And that I'm STILL learning from those experiences, even though I'm home. Switzerland is still teaching me through Her beauty.

It gets harder and harder to say goodbye to Wes. But I know, that I'll see him again soon. :) Anyone want to place some bets on how long it will be until he's driving back to St. Louis?! ;-)


Together again!! Friday night when Chris and Christine came to the Drive-In Activity



Group couple picture at Christine's.... who would've guessed that these two guys were so lucky to meet their girls this summer while working?!?!?! ;)



Too CUTE!!!! This is Wes's real smile!!! :) :) :)



Chris and Christine!!! <3



Wes's Baby!!! He's debating on Marley, Cali or Audry for names...






She's the most beautiful car I've ever seen!!!











Me and my favorite person ever!!!!










1 comment:

Unknown said...

ha ha ha you are too cute heather! but that is all you! how come I haven't heard about this guy except from your blog?

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for reading!