1-Charlie waking up in the middle of the night crying because he's scared, once I find where he is in the house and bring him back to my bed to sleep, he immediately cuddles right up close to me. One night he held my hand until he woke up the next morning. =D It was a wonderful feeling to know that even though he doesn't remember me from Switzerland, that he has so easily gotten close to me. He's such a sweet kid!!
2- Hearing Ellie come running up behind me, grabbing my legs and telling me just how much she loves me =D She's as hilarious as ever and as loveable as they come! Her smile seriously brightens my day!
3- Taking Madison to dance one night and just having a heart to heart conversation with each other when she decides to tell me that, "You're the coolest 20 year old I know!! And you know why? Cuz you still act like a kid, even though you're like... old!!" hahahaha best comment of the week ;-)
4- Making dinner one night for the kids while they sat at the table and I was having a particularly hard night with missing Trevor and stresses from the wedding planning, Madison-just out of the blue-said, "Heather.... you're going to make a really good Mom you know." I wanted to burst into tears right there. Madison is always SO in tune with the Spirit. Always has been, and I love her SO much for it. I had been having thoughts all day long about how I didn't think I was doing a good job, that if I couldn't handle three kids and taking care of them, then how was I going to be a good Mother?? I look at Emily as she makes it seem so easy! All the time!! I look at my Mom who has ALWAYS been there for me and Kyle and always done her best. I am who I am because of my Mom! How do I live up to that?! I'm getting married for heaven's sake!!! I need to figure this out like.. NOW. Those were the kinds of thoughts I was having... and to have Madison just pipe up and say something-I'm sure she was following a prompting whether she knew it or not-that I totally needed, meant the world to me.
I know my Heavenly Father hears me. I know He knows my weaknesses and my strengths. I know that He put people-even children-in our paths to lift us up when we're down. I hope I CAN be a good mother some day! I hope I can be a sustaining wife and be able to care for Trevor the best I can!!
Kent and Emily are home from their vacation :) They had a blast! It is SO great to be spending time with all of them again-as a family :) I'm so grateful for these opportunities!!!! I LOVE MY KIDS!!!!!
Mr. Charlie
Me and My Madison!!
Ellie! She's just the BEST!!!!


1 comment:
I love you too!! and you are so right. Being a mom is the best thing in the world. Dad and I are lucky to have you and Kyle. We got lucky and have the best kids. You will be a great mom and wife. I have watched you with kids and I am so impressed and when that time comes you will be awesome.
Mom
Post a Comment