Moving.... was rough. I won't complain too much on here just cuz it's a waste of your brain space... but it was. We ended up having issues with the guy moving out of the SigEp house, which delayed us, which delayed and caused problems for the couple moving into our other apartment... I was stressed out and was probably a B** to say the least :-/ not proud of it... but that's how that went down. I'm so lucky to have someone who still wants to stick around with me after days like that ;-) Especially since I was RIDICULOUSLY sick our first night in the SigEp house... yeah... It was awesome. You try throwing up on a toilet that's.... not totally clean :-/ gross. Trevor was a trooper... and I'm not eating at Pizza PieCafe for a VERY long time... if ever again. HA!
So yeah... we moved... I got sick... Then my family came 2 days later! HOORAY!!! That has been my highlight for the whole summer! I tried really hard to not look overly forward to the visit just because I knew if I did that, then I'd watch my summer go by WAY too fast... So I just tried not to think about it CONSTANTLY :) and it worked... for the most part I think... cuz once they got here, the time flew by WAY too fast :( It was soooooo wonderful to see them though. I haven't seen my Mom or Kyle since Christmas... 8 months was far too long. But, hopefully we won't have to wait that long next time. We spent our time together driving up to Idaho to see my grandparents and cousin Lysa, which was SO fun! I had forgotten how much fun we had together as a family. Between catching up on the latest gossip that I had missed in STL, to who's dating who and who's engaged to who's NOT... we had a GREAT time :) Had a great time with my grandparents and great-grandpa (who is STILL quite the ladies man as we came to find out... and he yodels?! COOL!!!). My grandma was able to set up an opportunity for me to go play my guitar for the residents and have a little "session" so to speak. It'll be fun!!! And, I think it would be a really great thing for my great-grandpa to see one of his great-granddaughters doing what she loves doing.
So, after Idaho we came down to Logan for a night then got up the next morning to drop Kyle off at the University of Utah for school. We helped him get all moved in, ate dinner with him, and said our goodbyes. Mom and Dad got to see him later in the week and I'll see him on Saturday, but it was goodbye for now :) After the U, Me, Trevor, Mom, and Dad drove out to Trevor's Grandparent's cabin up in Hardware Ranch. It was so fun to see my Dad so energized to be in the mountains and away from civilization! We went four-wheeling, hiking/walking, Dad took pictures of everything, and ate some awesome food! Fruit just seriously tastes better up in the mountains ;-) We left early enough on Sunday to come down for church in our new ward. The 2nd counselor read our records in and everything that Sunday! Weird!!
It was so wonderful having my family here. I can't even describe all the feelings I had over the week. It was just... wonderful :) It made me miss STL a ton, which may sound weird, but it really isn't... I've missed STL for a long time now :) Utah won't be our resting place. Although, when the time comes, I will miss the mountains for SURE.
Other than that, that's pretty much the update with us. I start classes on Monday which is WEIRD, but I'm totally ready and excited... as of... Today. HA! No, it'll be fun, stressful, and a great learning experience I'm sure! Just 3 more semesters, including this fall and I'll be in the field!! How crazy is that?! It's awesome :)
Until next time... Dad really took the better pictures of the trip, but here's the ones I took of moving Kyle in..


1 comment:
It was owesome and went way to fast!! Hopefully it won't be so long the next time. Love you guys!
Mom
Post a Comment