He did something very unique for this fireside. First of all, this fireside was very special because Elder Scott had asked to be allowed to speak directly to the Young Single Adults and only the YSA's while he was in the Midwest. He expressed his earnest in wanting all of the YSA's in the state of Missouri to know about the fireside and to make the necessary decisions/actions to be in attendance. He wanted greatly to speak to us and share with us what the Prophet and the Brethren want us to know. Elder Scott led an open discussion. We were able to ask questions which we ponder throughout our lives and he answered them on the spot. What an amazing experience it was for me to hear some very specific questions asked-realize that they were exact questions I had-and feel the spirit teach me as Elder Scott answered the questions, as if he were speaking directly to me. I realized that I am not the only one who goes through what I do. I'm not the only one who is torn between wanting to focus on school, and yet the church teaches us to get sealed for time and all eternity and have families. How plain and simple Elder Scott answered my concerns. How easily I was comforted in realizing that I did what was right for Ryan. He wasn't ready and Heavenly Father knew that. How grateful I am for the knowledge of the gospel in my life. How utterly blessed and grateful I have become for my experiences, for my doubts, for my questions. The answers are simple. They truly are. If we read, study, ponder, ask, and pray-Heavenly Father will answer us, in His due time. I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to sit in the presence of such a magnificent man and feel his love for us. How grateful I am for the public Priesthood blessing he gave us all in parting-for the things testified to me during that blessing, for the feelings felt in my very heart and soul.
I truly, with all of my heart and soul, love the Gospel. It is everything that I am. Everything I will become. All that I will ever be. My Savior is my rock, my Redeemer, my Savior. I live for the day where I will be able to walk by His side and tell Him everything I learned while on this earth. Everything that He knew I would learn, and watch Him smile and feel His love for me. How I love my Savior and all that He has done for me.
http://www.mormontemples.com/





2 comments:
I heard that this fireside was good from my other friend Heather! I love Elder Scott.
I am glad that you are doing well! remember that you are stronger than you think.
Check out my blog if you need a laugh...its a serenading unicorn, everyone's deepest wish!
What a beautiful testimony!
Do you have any idea how gorgeous you are? (inside and out)
Post a Comment