Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Day in the Life... of a Coach!

It's taken me a few weeks, but I think I've finally settled into my place as a Coach :) And I LOVE it. All of the kids are SO great and I enjoy EVERY minute I spend with them-whether at practice, or a meet.

Yesterday during morning practice, I was thinking about what I could do to reward some of the swimmers on the team as they had gone far and beyond their abilities in improvement. I'm SO incredibly proud of them, but needed a way to reward EVERYbody. What I ended up coming up with has become known as... the "You Da BOMB Bowl!!!" Filled with candy and the kids' favorite obsession... known as... "Silly Bands". You can get all kinds of shapes of rubber bands that you wear on your wrist... when you take them off, they go back to their shape! They're actually pretty cool... except for the part where we are constantly having to tell kids to pay attention during practice instead of trading bracelets. Hahaha! Oh well!! Kids will be kids =D And THAT'S why I love them!!

We had TONS of fun at our first away meet last night-shooting the kids with water guns, using the You Da Bomb Bowl, cheering until we were hoarse, crying tears of joy for my favorite Josie because she made it all the way across the pool WITHOUT stopping... it was a WONDERFUL night =D

Have I mentioned lately... how much I LOVE my job???


YOU DA BOMB BOWL!!!
















Away meet-- Sunset on the poolside :)



Water gun shooting time!!!!


Coach Cassie and Stephen having a fight...





Elizabeth, Me, and Hannah (Hailey's sister)


Me and Hailey at the swim meet-I taught her and her sister private lessons before the season started. They're my "Breaststroke Girls"


Silly Bands before you put them on...



Silly Bands while you wear them...



Pictures from Fun Practice the morning after a meet-we turn on the slide and the kids get to just come and play for an hour. They LOVE it!!!


My Josie!!


Lauren!!!



















No comments:

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for reading!