Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Nelson Family Update for 2011

Another year has come and gone... much quicker this time around than I expected, but I really think that comes with the marriage territory. Fast, is good!

This past fall semester was crazy for me-hence the neglected blog. I'll share the highlights we've had over the months and hopefully catch everyone up.

In October, I took a weekend trip out to Colorado to see my best friend since Sophmore year of high school. Rachel has truly been there for me through some tough times and every time we get together, it's like nothing has changed-no time has passed. I have truly found a forever friend in her. And an Aunt for our children!! Without her, my kids wouldn't have an Aunt ;-) We can never get together without having a Bread Co. date and stay up late into the night talking. I love that girl to pieces. No one is more understanding and a judgement free woman as she is. I'm so lucky to have her around!!







We moved out of the SigEp House mid-November and moved into this GREAT apartment on the West side of town. It's bigger than our first apartment by FAR and we have loved it. 2 bedrooms, HUGE living room, DISHWASHER (my selling point) washer and dryer hook-ups (we got a washer and dryer from Jodi and Wade for Christmas-best in-laws ever!!), plenty of room for our kitchen table again (which I have missed DEARLY) and TONS and TONS of storage space. Trevor's selling point was the covered car port.. he thoroughly enjoys the idea of not having to scrape off the car when it snows :) I'm also closer to a bus stop that in our old apartment, and close enough to the transit center just in case I'm running late and miss my first bus. Spaz has changed into a completely different kitty too with all of the extra space he has to run around in and play. He's gotten SO much more cuddly! YAY!!

Overall, the experience in the house was worth it. For me personally, I have been able to really look back and see how much we were struggling in our marriage because there was so much stress, pressure, lack of privacy, etc that now.... in our new apartment... I can honestly say that I have my marriage back and it's better than ever before!! Weird how that works out huh?! We are grateful for the experience and proud that we lasted 3 months. A lot of people had bets against us to last no longer than a month.. HA.





Since then, we've organized and made our apartment into a home, we love our new ward, love our neighbors, love the quiet atmosphere of our cul-da-sac, and our friends who are so close by. I finished my semester with a bang-not as big of a bang as I had hoped, but I good bang... I had some successes. It has been a pretty rough semester between moving twice, being diagnosed with anxiety/depression and getting treatment, to watching my little brother walk away from something that is so important to me and my family and making decisions that have been really hard to accept... I've had a lot on my plate, but I am SO incredibly grateful for the husband that I have and for the support and love he gives me unconditionally. When I had nights where I was just in uncontrollable tears, he was there, ready and waiting for me to come into his arms and comfort me. How grateful I am for the power of the Priesthood and that Heavenly Father trusted me enough to survive the trials I endured to better prepare me to be with Trevor. With each passing experience I gain more and more gratitude for Him for being able to see the whole picture of my life and what was best for me. There are qualities in Trevor that I have needed throughout our marriage, and experiences that I have been able to learn from and apply in my own life. My faith and testimony in the Power of God grows more and more with every passing day.









With that long schpeel, Trevor and I celebrated our first year anniversary on December 17th. We went and did a session in the Bountiful temple on the 16th-the anniversary of taking out my own endowments-which changed my life for the better, and had a really nice dinner at our Swiss Chalet style hotel in Salt Lake. After dinner we drove over to Temple Square to see the Christmas lights and had a wonderful time. I am so lucky to have him!! On the 17th, we enjoyed breakfast together and he drove me to the airport to go home for a visit to St. Louis. Plans had changed for my reason to go home, so leaving Trev on our anniversary was really hard. But I am grateful for the time we got to spend together the day before. I was also grateful for the chance to go home and spend time with my parents and friends.



























The holidays were SO great. I flew back to Utah Christmas Eve and got to spend Christmas with Trevor's family this year (last year we were at my parents' house). It is truly a humbling experience and blessing to be a part of Trevor's family and to see their traditions this year. Santa writes a letter for the family every year and it was the most beautiful thing to hear Jodi read. Both of us cried :) It was such a neat experience. We are thrilled and so grateful for all of the gifts we received. We truly love both of our families!! Trevor was so sweet and got me a Raclette grill and searched high and low for the specific cheese it calls for. We broke it out last night actually at our friend's house and had a BLAST. This family is so great and has become such a close friendship to us. We are so grateful for them and all that they do for us!!













So farm I think that's it! I might have to come back in later and add more stuff if I remember, but I wanted to get something on here since it's been forever!!!

We love you all and are SO grateful you are in our lives!! We couldn't be more blessed to have you, and the gospel in our lives. He Lives!! And loves His children. Happy Holidays and Happy New Year! May it be filled with wonderful, new, and successful goals for the coming year!! I'll probably end up making a list on here to hold me accountable...

Until next time!

No comments:

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for reading!