Thought I would share our successful (and delish!) recipes we've had in the past week and a half or so! Most are from Pintrest (naturally) but there's one from a different place :) I'm feeling like an actual cook now at dinner time and it's way fun!! Another awesome thing I'm doing-when I make the meal, I double it and put the second half in a tinfoil box holder thing, write what it is on the top, and stick it in the freezer... cuz heaven knows there's going to be nights where I don't WANT to cook, nor will I have the energy. Yay for planning ahead!! Saves money too!!
Sweet and Spicy Bacon Chicken
4 chicken breasts cut in thirds (12 pieces)
Bacon slices
salt and pepper to taste
garlic powder
chili powder
brown sugar
Cut each breast into 3 pieces, season all the chicken with the spices, then wrap a bacon slice around each piece, roll in brown sugar and place into an oven proof dish....make sure you have some olive oil in the dish too, like 2 or 3 tablespoons is fine {I skipped this since I grilled them. I honestly think you could coat your dish with nonstick cooking spray instead to save a few calories}.
Bake at 400 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and bacon is nice and brown and crispy. Delicious served with mashed potatoes with some of the gravy from the chicken drizzled on top.
**Also great on the grill! No juices to drizzle on anything, but still delicious!
I used a recipe for cooking potato chunks in a skillet with garlic, green onions, salt and pepper, and butter. We also had asparagus and garlic bread... it was too much food, but so good!!
Pepperoni String Cheese Roll Ups
Source: adapted from Dinner With The Donnells
1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent roll dough
4 cheese sticks, halved
1 (3.5 ounce) package sliced pepperoni
optional - marinara or ranch sauce for dipping
Garlic Butter Glaze:
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasonings
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Take each triangle of crencent roll dough and place about 6 pepperoni on the bottom of the triangle. Place half of a cheese stick on top and roll up. Place seam side down on a cookie sheet and bake for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown.
While rolls are cooking, combine the melted butter, Italian seasonings, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
When rolls are done remove from the oven and brush with the garlic butter glaze. Serve with marinara or ranch for dipping.
These were SO good!! So fun, and SO easy. We did green beans with bacon bits and minced onion to go with this dinner.
We also did a really good bbq'd crock pot pork chops recipe this week that I'm just too lazy to go get the recipe and write out :) So I'll have to include that one on the next post.... whenever that happens... I'm also too lazy to put up pictures and go all "pinteresty-cute" with this post... that's what happens when you're this tired and it's almost the end of the semester... but try these recipes! They're awesome and so fun to make!!


No comments:
Post a Comment