We are SO excited that Ashlynn decided to join us early! A very long story told very short-my blood pressure climbed again after I passed out in the hospital and on my 38 week appointment there was protein present from my kidneys. So, I'm sitting on the exam table on Tuesday the 23rd, my doctor comes in all smiles and happy and says, "Well.... what do you think about havin' a kid?" I was speechless then finally asked, "You mean... today??" And so began our journey of getting Grandma Rowbotham here that day before my induction at 9:00pm that night. Grandma landed at 6:15, got to our house by 7, and we left for the hospital by 8:15pm. I was a little nervous... but honestly, I am really glad that I was able to be induced because then I KNEW that she was coming versus sitting at home and constantly worrying if I was having real contractions or not.
Labor wasn't bad. It could have been SO much worse. Lasted for about 14 hrs, and I only had 3 cycles of pushing before she was here! The epidural was definitely the most dramatic part of the whole experience, I was terrified, but I wouldn't have done it any other way. It made the labor more comfortable and a better experience all around. I applaud the ladies that can go through labor without one! That's definitely not me :) We were SO incredibly lucky to have Grandma Rowbotham there. I had my doctor's appointment that morning, found out we needed to induce, and she was at the airport to catch her new flight 2 hours later. I really didn't want to go through this experience without her. With her, Trevor, and Grandma Jodi there, I was able to stay more calm than I thought I would. It was perfect.
 |
| Arriving at the hospital for our induction |
 |
| And the waiting game begins!! Pull out the phones!! |
 |
| I had two of the cutest nurses all night!! |
 |
| Grandma Rowbotham kept watching Ashlynn's strip and saying how perfect of a baby she was! Mom had some issues here and there, but Ashlynn stayed perfectly content. |
 |
| Uncle Jordan came to visit and was so excited to hold her! |
 |
| My best friend. I still can't believe how long we have been friends and how far we've come together! She has loved holding Ashlynn and talking to her about all the things they're going to do together. |
 |
| Auntie Rachel REALLY wanted to do her hair and put her bow in :) |
 |
| Near the end of my labor the epidural wore off all of a sudden (one of the issues I had) and I started to get really nausea and weak. Luckily, my support team kept me from passing out, but I was pretty dang close. Not fun. |
 |
| Ashlynn arrived at a healthy 6lbs 15oz and 20in long! We were shocked by the full head of red hair she had! The nurses brought her back from the nursery with a bow and SPIKED hair! It was adorable!! |
 |
| Compared to Daddy's hand, Ashlynn is so tiny! |
 |
| We think she looks a LOT like Grandma! |
 |
| The nurses loved spiking her hair in the nursery |
 |
| Uncle Kyle!! He beat us to the punch and got her a U cheerleader bear... SO CUTE!! |
 |
| Coming home!! Grandma was hiding in the apartment taking pictures out the window haha |
 |
| Spaz was SO excited to see us! |
 |
| Our first family photo :) Spaz was checking out his new sister |
 |
| Our sweet little princess |
 |
| Auntie Rachel came to visit after a day at work! I LOVE this photo. This was right before Ashlynn decided to explode her diaper on Rachel's hand :) |
 |
| Daddy's first time feeding his daughter!! |
 |
| Great Grandma Hanson came for a visit |
 |
| Great Grandpa Hanson found a sweet spot in his heart for Ashlynn aka "Sally" as he calls all his granddaughters ;-) |
 |
| Our best buddy Brent! He was so cute! |
 |
| Another set of Greats! GiGi and Papa |
 |
| Mommy giving Ashlynn her first bath. I had no clue what I was doing. Even after Great Grandma Hanson showed me! |
 |
| Grandma Jodi got to be there :) |
 |
| Daddy helped to! |
 |
| All clean baby!! |
 |
| Grandma's turn :) |
 |
| Such a sweet girl |
 |
| Ashlynn's first day of school! She came up to Logan with me and Grandma |
 |
| These photos are really out of order... We started a tradition where Great Grandma Hanson showed Mommy how to bathe Ashlynn. Giving her babies baths was Grandma's favorite thing to do. She said she could do it without making the babies cry! It was such a neat experience to have her help and advice. |
We are so grateful that she's here and is healthy! We are so blessed to have Grandma here to visit for so long and to able to have this time to spend with her granddaughter. We love you Ashlynn Brooke!!!
1 comment:
Wow! What a beautiful little girl! Congratulations you two!!
Post a Comment