Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, December 23, 2013

13 Months

November 24th-December 23rd

This month, we took my Uncle Kyle to Red Robin for his birthday! I sure love to eat their french fries!!

Thanksgiving this year was at my Aunt Shelley's house. We had a great time eating, chatting, and watching football. Uncle Kyle came with us too! It was really fun to have him there with us. Mom took some pictures of me in my onesie that Grandma Rowbotham made for me (the bow too of course!). She really likes to take pictures!



















Mom and Dad put up the Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving this year! I LOVE IT! All of the pretty lights are my favorite. I didn't get to play with any of the ornaments... Mom put them up too high on the tree for me to reach!

Another fun thing I did this month was the Santa Run! Mom and Dad walked/jogged a 5K in Ogden. I guess it has become a new family tradition! They dress up in Santa suits and I ride along in my stroller. The whole family came to watch us! It was really fun. Afterwards, the Village Lights came on and we went to Jeremiah's for dinner and scones! They were SO yummy!!













One really sad, but happy thing that happened this month was my Uncle Jordan left on his mission in the Dominican Republic. This is a story that Mommy wants me to always remember that she wrote in her journal:
I was not anticipating how difficult it was going to be to say goodbye to Jordan Tuesday night. It was such a wonderful experience to be a part of his setting apart to be a missionary and to hear him bear his testimony for the first time as a full time missionary. I had this overwhelming feeling of love for Jord and for Heavenly Father for being with him every step of the way on his journey to be where he is today. The people of the Dominican Republic are incredibly lucky. While we were in the High Councilman room, I was taking care of Ashlynn and keeping her busy while everything was happening. At one point, just before Jordan was set apart, she pointed to a painting on the wall and said “Jesus” and then looked right at me with such intent that I knew she was trying to tell me something more than just identifying who was in the painting. She pointed again and said “Jesus, Jesus!” and looked at me. I whispered to her, “Yes, that’s Jesus honey… is Jesus here? Is He in the room with us?” and she got this huge grin on her face and nodded her head up and down over and over and pointed to the front of the room where Jord was. As difficult as it was to say goodbye to my brother and watch Ashlynn crawl over to him repeatedly and put her arms up for him to pick her up and see Trevor cry, I am so grateful for Ashlynn’s little reminder that Christ is always with us and that He will always be with Jordan-protecting him. I had a really hard time on Wednesday starting with my drive down to work with thinking about Jordan and remembering the feelings I had during his testimony that I often had tears in my eyes. I wish with all my heart that Jord could still be here to be with Ashlynn… but by watching her Tuesday night and realizing that she knew that something was happening with Jordan, I know it won’t be difficult to help her remember her Uncle these next two years and that Heavenly Father will bless her as well to remember and never forget. 

Now, I kiss Uncle Jordan's picture every day. I miss him a lot, but I know that he is where he needs to be. See you in 2 Uncle!! <3


We went down to St. George for Shayla and Ryan's wedding. I did pretty good in the car but... man... 4 hours is a long time!!! Luckily Grandma Jodi and Grandpa Wade were there to keep me company!

I got to see my Aunt Allie (Dad's sister) and Grandma Caroline! It was so fun to play with them. Allie took me on some rides at the mall and I LOOOOOOOVED it. She is super fun! 



Mom had taken several pictures of Grandma and Grandpa sleeping by me, so this was Grandpa getting pay back... funny how we are a family that sleeps with their mouths open... You can't tell, but my binky is about to fall out of my mouth :)
 It was so cold in St. George!! We were not expecting it! And there was snow that had been there for a WEEK!! CRAZY!! So my Aunts made sure I was bundled up nice and tight while we waiting for Mom and Dad to come out of the temple after the sealing.  









I was kept entertained by pushing a plastic chair around the room at the reception. I hadn't had more than an hour long nap all day, but I was SUCH a trooper! 
All girls have to twirl in their pretty dresses right? :) 



Dancing with my Daddy :) 







I also got to see my Grandpa Gary (Dad's Dad). It was sure fun to play with him and spend time together!



They even got me Christmas presents and I got to open them! 




All in all, it was a crazy month! I'm still not walking but I'll get there!! I can say: Momma, Dadda, puppy, kitty, ba-bah, cookie, tree, no, more and a couple more that Mom can't remember right now :) I'm growing like a weed and I can't wait for Christmas to come!!

No comments:

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for reading!