Here's a part of an email I sent home to my family tonight... I thought it was too funny to pass up sharing. And those of you who know me... really well... will get a kick out of it too I think... :) so enjoy!!!
MOM... DAD.... KYLE!!! COME QUICK!!!!!!!
I MADE DINNER!!!!!!!!
CHECK THIS OUT!!!!!!
Mom!! I made poppyseed dressing from scratch and put it on the salad and fruit that I cut up all by myself! (Strawberries, bananas, kiwis and dried cranberries) upon my return to the states.... we need dried cranberries!! I boiled these cheese noodle things that are really good out here.. i don't remember what they're called... sorry... and cooked those and we put spaggetti sauce on those.... sis cook cooked (haha ;) ) green beans and that was it! WHOO HOO!!!!!! I made stuff from scratch and actually made a dinner without mac and cheese!!!!! With fruits AND veggies!!! hahahaha
DAD!!! I had... hesto (??) sauce on my noodles too!! It was this green stuff with black stuff in it too... and Sis Cook said it was Italian.... does it sound familiar?? Anyway, it was good!!! I can't describe the taste.. it was very unique... but good. it had a kick to it...
ummmm I think that's it... I was excited :) sorry mom!! I know you're probably thinking why I never cooked at home.. and maybe it's just the whole, being in a new place and cooking for someone other than my family... I dunno... but I know it was fun and I want to keep learning :) I wrote down the poppyseed dressing and I'll bring it home.
Hahahaha... love you all :) CHUIZ!! (I'm not sure on the spelling... intchuligune! {that means-sorry. And again.. spelling, I know...)


4 comments:
your mom had forwarded this on to me and I laughed so hard! Good job, Heather! it took me until I got married (and a few years/kids) later and I still don't do it often (cook). Soak it up, girl!
hahahha :) too funny!!! I've had my share of mess ups though already... lol Sister Cook just laughs and tells me how much I remind her of her teenage years.
I'm bein' a sponge! Believe me!!! lol
xoxo
HAHA you cooked!!! YAY! I think I'd like to try some of that too ;)..though I don't really like the pasta all that much. And was it a pesto sauce?? 'cause I know those are green and kind of a nutty flavor to them...but supposedley taste amazing.
Well, I will have to remember this when you get home!!
Mom
Post a Comment