Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight Review

So, I've had a lot of people ask me what I thought of Twilight last night and I can't fully explain it to everyone everytime they ask lol so here is my review I wrote for Fabienne this morning when I woke up:

Twilight Review
Between Fabienne Portellano-Weidmann and You


Heather Rowbotham
Today at 11:58am

Good Morning!! =) I just woke up! hahaa!

Ok, here it goes....

"Twilight" is an entertaining movie. If one were to go see it without reading the books and FULLY understanding the passion between Edward and Bella, they would be COMPLETELY lost.

And ok.... don't think I"m a freak, but I actually think you'll know what I'm talking about with this... but as far as the passion goes.... there were two kisses. TWO. That's it. And that bothers me SO much because at the first kiss (which was TOTALLY wrong and not as romantic as the book and NOT in the meadow-which is another thing I'll discuss) you could FEEL the tension and my heart started to race, I started to tear up, and then it happened and it was beautiful.. until you realized that Bella was in her pajama top and her underwear... awkward. And it killed it. THAT'S NOT HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!

Bella NEVER smiles.

Parts are hilarious at the ABSOLUTE wrong time... like, when Bella first sees Edward in Biology... his facial expression... the entire theater bust up laughing.. SO WRONG!!!!

The Meadow scene (which is my favorite scene in the book) was used to scare Bella.. SCARE HER... not the passionate "I completely trust you with my secret" and "Edward is beautiful beyond imagination". But good HEAVENS at least he sparkled. I would've walked out if he didn't.

Ummmm.... I mean... it was entertaining, I'll give the movie that...but really, the missing passion.... really killed it for me. They focused TOO MUCH on the violence and the "evil vampire" part of it and really made you fear the vampires, instead of focusing on Edward and the incredible "human" that he is for loving Bella SO MUCH and yet wanting her blood and the obstacle he has to overcome with that...

So I dunno, those are my negative feelings towards it... it was good.. they did do a really good job with the main, important scenes from the book, but really there were so many small details that could have been put in there to make it closer to the book, and they didn't put them in there... for example-Edward's house is supposed to be white... it's not... NOTHING inside the house is white.. not the piano… Edward’s room is not big enough to then later fit a KING SIZED bed in it… and it was messy.. Edward is pristine and clean… you know, it was just little details that are SO easy to fix.. that didn’t happen and that blows it for me.

But, go see it when it’s out!!! I’m going to see it again tomorrow night and this time I’m hoping to be able to watch it and enjoy it… we’ll see… but really, the missing passion was the killer… I don’t know what they’re going to do for the second movie because people are going to be like, “Wait, why is it such a big deal that he’s leaving her” and the point that was not made in the movie is-because Edward loves her TOO MUCH and is TERRIFIED of hurting her, and for being the CAUSE of her pain and the danger she’s placed in. It was mentioned in the movie that he didn’t want to change her, but it was while she was withering in pain after James bit her.. and was never mentioned again. Second question they will ask, “Why is Bella so “broken” about Edward leaving her… just get over it!” Answer-because she CANNOT live without him. Again, not focused or stressed on in the movie… so really, I’m curious to see how the second movie pans out because now the director has no where to go.. the tension and passion was not built up enough to be able to come crashing down and be devastating when Edward leaves her.

....

… but when the first kiss happened in the movie-I started to cry (until the underwear thing lol) when they show Edward staying with Bella through the night for the first time (which, again it was only ONE scene that he stayed with her… and he stayed almost every night) both Jennifer (my friend I went with) and I grabbed each other’s hands and sighed because it was such a beautiful scene. She’s waiting for her missionary. But ya know, again… those were the only two… really “beautiful” scenes out of the whole movie based off of an INCREDIBLY intense romantic book… and I don’t like that. And I can’t stress that enough… I’m a hopeless romantic.. whenever I feel “alone” in the sense of being-single- I go find a romance novel (such as Twilight) and indulge myself in it to get over my feelings of loneliness….. so I guess in that sense, I”ll just stick with the books

OH! And Edward had chest hair… he’s supposed to be smooth and “cut out of marble” which means… no chest hair… UG! SEE?! Just another detail!!!!!!

Anyway, hopefully I didn’t discourage you from seeing it- I still advise you to see it, it’s good, and they really did stick to the important parts of the book… but as a die-hard fan, I was disappointed… and I’m pretty sure the both of us feel the same way about the books…. Hope this didn’t ruin it for you!! But I gave you my full blown, honest opinion… have a wonderful rest of the night!!!!!!!

Love,
Heather

Another side note-to those who have seen the movie... WHAT WAS WITH BELLA'S PROM OUTFIT?!?!?!?!?!?! She didn't look stunning to me... nor was she wearing the high heeled shoe Alice made her wear, but Edward greatly appreciated, "Remind me to thank Alice for that later". AHH!!!

And there was no sense of time... all of a sudden Edward is confessing to Bella that he's been watching her sleep for months..... whoa?! Where did the time go?! It was just not very well filmed... in my opinion... and from what I understand.. a LOT of readers were disappointed with the film as well... way to go Summit for ruining it!! :)

Ok... venting over. Hopefully I'll come to like it.. or find some reason to appreciate it... but it really wasn't all that good...

No comments:

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for reading!