So, I've started writing several blogs, but either never finished them, or decided for various reasons to not post them. Life has been pretty crazy! A lot of changes and learning experiences. I have a new calling in the Branch as the Activities Chariman- basically it is my calling to plan and execute activities for the YSA's and activities that will target in helping fulfill our Branch Mission Goal. So far, I've learned a lot about myself!! It's been a great experience. Midterms are almost done! I have a few more my first week back next week, but other than that... school is pretty smooth sailin' from here until May!
Speaking of May!!! ;) For those of you who don't already know... I officially have my plane ticket back to Switzerland!! It's kind of a surreal feeling to be totally honest... last summer was such an amazing experience and seems like lifetimes ago, that I really can't believe I'm going back. I had a friend ask me the significance of the title of my blog, "Switzerland Holds the Key to My Heart" and if I had changed it because I left a very wonderful young man when I came home... While that is true, my blog was created MONTHS before I left last summer... I think my very first entry was in January of 2008, and I didn't leave until May 2008... I was a little anxious to get over there. The reason for my blog title stems from two little girls who moved half way around the world away from me. Madison and Ellie were the sunshine in my life when everything was so dark.
Man, I'm sitting here trying to think of how I can describe the love I have for these girls... and I can't! Tears just fill my eyes. These two angels have brought me so many wonderful memories from before they moved, to my visit out there last summer. Anything from playing polly pockets for hours,to painting pictures, to jumping on the trampoline, to putting on a fashion show, to going to the pool for the afternoon... the list is endless. I watch these girls and their love for life, and I can't help but smile and imagine what incredible and strong women they will grow up to be. I'm SOO incredibly excited to see them again in just over 60 days! And to see how big Charlie has gotten and spend time with Sister Cook and Brother Cook! They are truly an amazing family and they have my heart! So! "Switzerland Holds the Key to My Heart!!!"
Here's some pictures I came across this morning while I was cleaning up some folders. Madison and Ellie... I LOVE YOU AND I'M COMING!! :) My goal for this trip- to live my time with them so that I'll never regret a single moment when I have to come back to the States! We're going to have a BLAST!!!!


1 comment:
Heather! I love all those pics...What fun memories they represent. We can not wait for you to come and are really lucky to have you visit us two years in a row. Thanks for all the sweet words. We are hoping you have another great summer...
Post a Comment