Two weeks from today I am so lucky and extremely blessed to be able to get on a plane and head back to the place I love the most! I can't even begin to describe the joy, fear, uncertainty, and anticipation I am feeling right now. I really CAN'T believe the day has come so quickly. I have to be so careful though!! I still have two weeks of school, and these two weeks are CRUCIAL. If I loose any focus at all, my grades could slip and I could loose my scholarships. SO! PUSH PUSH PUSH!!! I can do it!!! I signed up for this and knew it was going to be tough!! But it makes it all the more worth it :)
This past Friday night we had a YSA Spring Fling and it was SO fun!! Our Stake was in charge, and I really couldn't have gotten it planned and executed without the help that I had. It truly came together like a glove... actually... I honestly believe that it happened when it was desinged to happen. Let me explain....
I was really honestly expecting MAYBE 30-40 people at the first activity- the Barbeque and Kickball Tournament (which I also figured people wouldn't want to do). What ended up happening was
One) I had to run out and get more meat because
Two) Somewhere between 50-70 people showed up for the BBQ and throughout the whole night there was more people (new faces) coming and others leaving, but there was never less than 50-60 people which is just INCREDIBLE for a YSA activity on a Friday night. I was EXSTATIC!!!
Three) The weather was ABSOLUTELY beautiful. No lie. 73 degrees, sunshine, light breeze, stayed light until about 8:15-8:30pm... it was truly incredible. When I woke up Saturday morning for work... it was pouring down rain. It was truly a blessing.
Four) The YSAs actually played Kickball!!!!!! I was dumbstruck!!!! It was like stepping back to 5th grade at Castlio Elementary all over again! And ya know what? They had a BLAST. :) It was so fun to see.
Five) We got our firepits approved and got to roast s'mores before the dance!! What BBQ is complete without s'mores?!
After the BBQ and Kickball tournament, we went back inside for a Dance. And it was SO fun!!! Even though I was running around like a madwomen to make sure the food/snacks were stocked, the water and lemonade jugs filled.... I was still able to find time to dance to my favorite songs and wake up with sore legs Saturday morning :). It was really just a fun fun fun night. I was SO exhausted.
Honestly though... without the help that I had before the event, during the event, and after... it couldn't have happened. I'm so happy that The Spring Fling was a hit!! Now I get to take a month off from planning!! :) Hahaha however, upon my return I'll get right back into it and help plan the YSA Conference this summer. WHEW!! I'm sure though too I'll still be helping the Branch plan their activities while over seas ;) hahaha oh what would they do without me?! ;) I'm kidding.
SO! This is probably my last post until I leave, so make sure you check back in a few weeks as I post pictures, stories, and videos of the trip. I already have a lot planned to do with the kids and with my friends out there.
SWITZERLAND!!!! HERE I COME!!!!!
The Dance Floor
My AWESOME and really good friend Bret! He's the "most unique dancer" haha I wish I had a video of him actually... It's awesome :D
Kickball Tournament
My Best Friend. I really don't know what I'm going to do wtihout this girl for a month... It's not going to be easy that's for sure...


hahaha Crazy Girls :D
"Pop It!"
Yup. Love her. And miss her already :)


1 comment:
Hey you!!!
I'm so happy to hear that you get to go back to your 'home'. I hope you have a great time and we'll have to chat a little before you leave and after you get back to see what all went on and how life it going. Be good over there!!! Miss ya!
~Kasey
Post a Comment