It's my turn this time!! Just 2 days shy of being 18 weeks, I had another doctor's appointment today along with an ultrasound... say what?? Totally awesome story here.
So... we moved... yes... again. It seems like we've done a lot of that in our marriage... but it's ok! As much as I hate moving, I sure love a change of pace and scenery. Somewhere down the road, when we decide to invest in a house, it will be somewhere that I want to settle down in... for more than 6 months ;-) Right now, we're looking at at least one year in our new place... cuz we signed a lease :-P but we really like it here! It's in a city called Riverdale, UT which is within the bigger city of Ogden (most people know Ogden area, not necessarily the smaller cities within it.. cuz there's a ton!) It literally takes me 3 minutes to drive to Wal Mart... and Target is even closer!!! HOLLA-FREAKIN-LUIA!!! Logan is a great city, it really really is. It's just really hard for me to live in small places! I feel too isolated!!! I gotta have options... not as in which Wal Mart to go to... the North one, or South one... but OPTIONS. Plus... I just love Target. I'm not even going to list the places to eat that I love dearly and have missed so much because then I'll stir up my cravings again and... that's not a good idea :) Let's just say... I am very happy with where we are.
Aside from all of those physical necessities and pleasures that I now have, the one I am most grateful for is the close proximity we now have to family. It takes 6 minutes for us to get to Trevor's parent's house. I can't even begin to express how much peace and comfort that brings me knowing that I can have family this close again. Family is so important!! I have learned so much from Trevor's family already and I love them all DEARLY. We realized, once the option became clear to us that we could move, that we spent more weekends in Ogden with Trev's family than we did in Logan. We knew this was the place to be. We spent countless hours online searching for apartments, even toyed with the idea of buying a house somewhere in Ogden. Trevor quit Enterprise a week before he started his new job (I'll get to that in a sec) and we planned on spending at least 4 days in Ogden to try and find a place. We spent a whole morning looking and then planned on going down to Salt Lake to see what we could find, but just never felt right about going down. So, on Saturday we spent the morning cheering on family members who were running in the Ogden Half Marathon, and then drove to an apartment complex we had seen from the highway. We recognized the name from the sites we had searched and it was one of the lower choice option places to look at. Low and behold... that place fell into our laps and we ended up signing the lease Saturday afternoon. It's a beautiful complex with great amenities-pool, gym, laundry, car wash, crime free, cable etc. It's been a blessing. Not to mention the bus stop we found just around the corner that Trevor can take right into Salt Lake a block away from his work :) Long story kinda short, we are so grateful.
Trevor is enjoying his new job!! He works in the Human Resources Department for the LDS church down in Salt Lake. It is such a great opportunity for him and we are really excited! It's such a great atmosphere for him, great working hours, and great opportunities. I will be commuting up to Logan for my summer classes for 7 weeks. And yet ANOTHER blessing-we have some great friends who are letting me stay with them during the week so that I don't have to drive back and forth every day to Logan. Plus, when this belly gets even bigger... there will come a point where I won't want to drive up anymore in the fall and so I can ride the shuttle up and stay with them again for a few nights and take care of classes :) It's going to be tough, but so worth it!!!
In the process of all this change, we also decided to change doctors and hospitals and such just because we think it will be easier and closer to keep doctors close by HA!
So I had my first appointment today with my new doctor. This women's center is awesome. As part of being a patient there you get to have an ultrasound done at each visit and they give you a dvd that they copy the ultrasound on to at each visit. So I take this dvd home, watch it with Trevor, and watch it over and over again on my own and see our baby! It's the COOLEST thing ever!! The doctor is great too. We will get to find out the gender on June 28th! It's almost two weeks later than we were planning.... but that's what happens when you switch doctors! :) The doctor asked me today if I wanted to know the gender today... I told her I had better wait for Trevor... luckily, the baby wasn't cooperating anyways and was laying face down with its back to us so we couldn't have seen anything anyways :)Baby is determined to wait for Dad too I guess!!
Any-hoo! So that's what's up!
Long entry... sorry! But that sums it up :) Check back soon for pictures... the scanner isn't working with my computer and Trev's at work... so I'm helpless ;-)
Love,
Trevor, Heather and Baby Nelson


No comments:
Post a Comment