Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Baby Shower

I am one lucky girl to be a part of the family that I have. At the end of my mom's stay we had the baby shower for Baby Girl. I truly have the best mother-in-law. I could never run out of wonderful things to say about her!!! I see the movies or the memes online of "the in-laws" and how "awful" they're supposed to be.... stupid stereotypes... I have the BEST in-laws I could have EVER asked for. SO BOO-YA! HA! Jodi and my mom planned the shower together and we had it at Jodi's house Friday night (August 10th). Here's some pictures mom took throughout the night. I literally had NO time to take pictures-there were so many people there to talk to and catch up with and boy I tell ya, by the end of the night, I was exhausted!!

Grandma Jodi is so creative! She made a diaper cake filled with lots of fun goodies!!

 Mom and Jodi also made these cute little shoes that were filled with nuts, M&Ms, and mints. So fun!!!
 Jodi did such a great job decorating!!! She's so awesome!!!
 Let the party begin!!! Starting with me and working to my left: my best friend Rachel Mamroth, Grandma Hanson, cousin Kaitlyn with cousin Emmaline, cousin Jenni, and then on the couch is my cute cousin MaKayla, then Jodi's work friend-Tiffany
 Left to right: Aunt Jana, Erica, Abbie Dearinger and her daughter Maggie at the table, then Aunt Amber
 Maggie, Amber and MaKayla
 Sweet little Maggie! I hadn't seen her in AGES!!! She's gotten so big :)
 This girl.... is my favorite :) She was not too thrilled about wearing a cloth diaper on her dress, but she was such a good sport :) You're gonna love your Auntie Rachel, Baby Girl!!! She's a spit fire!!
 Left to Right: cousin Eliza, Aunt Nancy, Jana again, Erica again, and GiGi
 Jodi had us play such a fun game called "Dirty Diaper". She took chocolate candy bars and melted them into the diaper. We had to look at the diaper, and/or smell the diaper to guess which chocolate bar it was. As you can see from my and Rachel's faces...... she was having a hard time with the idea, and I was dying from laughter cuz I thought we had to eat the "poop". Oh man! Good times :)
 The cute girl in the blue Aero shirt is Caitlin!! I know her as Caitlin Hansen-my little childhood friend who lived in my neighborhood and we played together ALL the time. I believe we were even in the same primary class. Her family moved back to Utah one year and I remember being DEVASTATED that she was leaving. On one of our family trips we visited her family in Alpine, had her mom's amazing chocolate chip cookies and got to catch up. I really haven't seen her since! We reconnected on facebook a while ago and watched each other get married-she tried to come to my reception but the weather was bad, and I couldn't make it to her reception cuz we were in Logan or on vacation or something... Anyways, it was SUCH a wonderful surprise to have her come to the shower!! She is such a sweet girl and it really felt like time hadn't passed us by at all! I can't wait until her and her husband start a family!

 Amber feeling Baby Girl's kicks :)
 The BEAUTIFUL crochet blanket Caitlin made for the baby!! It's SO incredibly soft!!!

 Cousin Jamie in the yellow shirt :)

 I felt so overwhelmingly blessed by all the gifts we were given and for how many people came! I seriously went home and fell asleep with tears in my eyes that night. Thank you SO much to all of you!!! Trevor and I are SO lucky to have you in our lives!! Our friends Rob and Kim and their son Carter also came down from Logan but I didn't get a picture with them :( I hadn't seen Carter in MONTHS and he was SO big!! It was so great seeing them as well and we are so grateful for their friendship!!
 Me and my beautiful Mom <3 p="p">
 I'm the luckiest girl in the world to call these women, "Mom"!!!! Thanks you guys!!!


No comments:

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for reading!