Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, August 5, 2012

3rd Trimester Craziness!

I'm 28 weeks this week which marks the beginning of my final trimester! HOO-RAH! So far so good! My Mom is here this week and we had a BLAST yesterday getting Baby Girl's room all decorated with the stuff she brought out from St. Louis from my old room! Who would have thought I was going to come full circle and use my room stuff I had as a teenager for my little girl? Crazy to think about actually... Here's photos of what we've done so far-we have a few more things that we want to do but it might have to wait until Mom goes home again:

Here's the bed Grandma Jodi and Grandpa Wade gave us when we moved. It will be SUCH a fantastic thing to have once baby girl grows out of her crib. We just went ahead and decorated it since it will stay in her room anyways and we'll just add the toddler gate things to it. Grandma Rowbotham made the flower and circle blanket on the end of the bed-it's SO soft!! The pink boxes are organized by shoe size and one basket has bathroom stuff-robes, towels, and washcloths. Underneath the baskets are all the blankets Grandma Rowbotham made for Baby Girl and the clear boxes have bows and headbands in them :) More blankets in the drawers underneath. Laundry basket next to the bed with the fabric we are going to use to sew the bumper pads and others things for the crib. Brown and pink polka dots :) I love it!


Dad's dresser we organized by size with clothes (we're making tags to hang on the handles later). The boxes on top are all full of bows and flowers Grandma Rowbotham made! And the rocking chair is a very special piece... this is a rocking chair from Baby Girl's Great Grandma Rowbotham. She passed away in April and I miss her so much! But I know she's watching over our little girl and I will be able to rock her to sleep in her old rocking chair and think about Grandma Marg. I am so lucky to have it.
 The wire cubes from my old room with my pink cubes. Grandma Rowbotham found the brown ones and we added those. I LOVE this storage. I loved it when it was in my room, and I LOVE it now!! The tennis rackets are also from Great Grandma Marg-they are something Daddy really wanted from her house to remember her by. They're really old tennis rackets and Daddy hopes Baby Girl will have an interest in tennis one day :) Grandma Rowbotham made the valance for the window and it has this ADORABLE paisley fabric along the edges. We can't find any more of that fabric, which is part of the reason why we changed to just all polka dot. But it's ok! I love it the way it is now!!
 Baby Girl's closet! Some of Grandma Rowbotham's stuff is in there too for now while she's here and sleeping in her room.
 One of my favorite sayings from the scriptures that I got when I was in Young Women's. Something again, that I am thrilled to pass on to my daughter and hope she will live by and love as much as I did.
 All of these bins are filled with fabric that Grandma Rowbotham and I are going to use to sew stuff this week! You are so lucky little girl!!
So as you can tell, I'm having a great time having my parents here. My Dad is so cute and protective already of his granddaughter-she couldn't be more lucky to have him!

The crazy story of this week happened last night. I woke up around 4:00am which is pretty typical-so that I can eat a bowl of cereal and go to the bathroom. Only, with my whole family staying here (Uncle Kyle was sleeping on the couch) I accidentely woke everyone up with my early morning snack :) Grandpa Rowbotham came out with a worried look on his face that I was an intruder in the apartment, Grandma got up and Dad to use the bathroom. Uncle Kyle slept through the whole thing. But it was pretty funny. Normally, after my routine I can go back to bed and fall back asleep pretty fast.... except for last night. All of a sudden I was feeling extremely anxious, had this feeling that something was wrong with the pregnancy (she wasn't moving much) and waited in panic until I felt her wake up and kick again. I was tossing and turning and just could not get comfortable. Dad woke up and tried to help by rubbing and tickling my belly (which Baby Girl loved) and reminding me to breath evenly and calm down. I don't know what the deal was. Finally, after about 6:30am I fell back asleep... only to have one of the weirdest dreams ever...

I've been telling Baby Girl lately that she was going to have to tell me in a dream what she wants her name to be since Dad and I just can't decide yet and I would LIKE to have one decided before she gets here. In this dream, I wake up in our old apartment in Logan and I get this heart dropping feeling, hop out of bed, run outside, and run to our car.... to find a tiny little dark haired, blue eyed baby girl asleep in her car seat in the back seat. She opened her eyes and looked at me and I had this thought of, "Ashlynn. My Baby Girl." I brought her inside, fed her, changed her, and then remembered that I had two more babies in the house that I needed to feed! It was so weird! I had two boys that Dad was trying to get fed, and then I was still pregnant with the fourth of the quadruplets. Weird. But, that little girl's face was as clear as day as was the name that came to my head. Granted, I had heard this name a week or so ago and thought it was really cute but pushed it out of my mind. Now.... I dunno! We can't decide between Brooklynn or Brenley so maybe Ashlynn is the name we'll end up choosing! It was the weirdest dream, showed me how worried I am about being a good mother and NOT forgetting my children in the car or two others going unfed all night long... So weird. Welcome to pregnancy dreams! So we'll see... I'm kinda loving it and want to play with the name, Trevor likes it I think so we'll see! Here's out options:

Ashlynn Anne Nelson
Ashlynn Brooke Nelson
Ashlynn Amy Nelson


Mommy and Big Brother Spaz!!

....Baby Ashlynn..... I could roll with that :) It's different, it's unique, and I think my baby told me in a dream what she wants her name to be :) 12 weeks to go!

No comments:

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for reading!