Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Sugar and {Spice}

Well! The verdict is in finally!! We really expected to see a little hot dog on the tv screen during the ultrasound. We got a wonderful surprise to find out we were looking at a hamburger! In other words... we're having a GIRL!!! The technician put VERY cold jelly all over my tummy, put the camera right on the exact spot where we got to see our little girl. She asked us if we wanted to know the gender (probably knowing we didn't know what we were looking at yet) and we told her yes to which she replied, "Well good... cuz it's a girl!" We both said "WHAT?!" and looked at each other. It was quite a fun moment!! "What are we gonna do?!" was my first comment... we had been planning on a boy this whole pregnancy. SURPRISE!! She is looking great! Head measures a week ahead in size, heart looks great and was SO cool to see, kidneys and blood flow through umbilical cord are normal. She likes to use my bladder as a pillow apparently since that's where she was hanging out. Heartbeat came in at 136. Healthy girl!!!

We are just thrilled. Once the shock wore off and we started calling family, it really sunk in. We're going to have an adorable little girl in our home who will have her Daddy wrapped around her little finger :) I am SO excited to watch Trevor and watch his love and affection grow for his little girl. I know he wants a boy to wrestle with and hopefully he will come someday, but I think this little girl is going to be the biggest blessing of our lives. Trev has already been the BEST shopper at finding cute outfits for her. I think he's secretly having a great time looking and picking clothes for her ;-)



How far along? 22 weeks
Total weight gain? Doctor's appointment this week, but I think it's around 15ish total so far. 
Maternity clothes? Yes. As often as I can... it's either that or tshirts for grundge days.
Stretch marks? We think a couple are starting to creep up... but I'm in full denial!! ;-)
Sleep: I really don't function well unless I get at LEAST 10 hours a night. HA!
Miss anything? Feeling "skinny" ;-)
Movement: She's getting stronger!!! She's scared me once during class from kicking so hard-both my hands flew up in the air in shock haha
Food cravings: Seven layer taco dip
Anything making you queasy or sick: So far so good! Just getting more tired more often during the day.
Gender: A sweet, precious, beautiful baby Girl :)
Symptoms: Tired and lazy :)
Belly button in or out? It's really starting to poke out.... ew. 
Wedding ring on or off? Still on
Looking forward to: Making headbands and all my sewing projects!
Fear: I'm good for now.



2 comments:

Hanson's Haven said...

Oh my goodness, I am having fun!!! I know that both of you will have so much fun with her.

Hanson's Haven said...

That was your mom speaking.

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for reading!