My first shift was this past Wednesday night. It was kind of crazy, but overall wasn't too bad. I got to hang out at the President's house!! (of the University :D) Serve around 40 people, remember to take from the right, smile, be professional, serve strawberry shortcake...... it really wasn't bad :) and when we got back to the kitchen on campus Hayley literally shouted her praises to me from across the kitchen, "Heather, I am REALLY impressed with how well you did tonight. I mean SERIOUSLY!? Having your first event at the freakin' PRESIDENT'S house?! You did SO well...." It really meant a lot to me to hear her say that! I mean, I've worked food production at Bread Co. and I had some pretty bad supervisors that liked to blame me for things... so I've honestly been kind of worried about working in food again... but my supervisors, managers, and bosses are all really great :) My worries have been decreased for sure.
SO! The whole reason I'm posting this... Last night there were a TON of parties happening. A majority of them were Youth Conferences I believe so there were roughly around 400 people for our party at least. I can't remember what the other counts were. So the night was pretty crazy to say the least. Near the end of the event, dinner was finished and mostly picked up from the tables, we were asked to go out and refill drinks. I went out with my tray and this teenager waved me down and said he wanted more. He started up a conversation with me asking me where he could buy the stuff to make the juice and I told him it came pre-packaged so he couldn't buy it. I can't remember what else he was saying to me-to be honest I was more focused on NOT spilling all of my juice-but I was polite and responding when I thought it was appropriate. But my ears perked up when I heard him say in this... sultry voice,
"Thank you Heather".
He had obviously read my name tag... K... no big deal. I responded politely and moved on to the next person. The adult who was sitting next to this kid though pipped in and said,
"Leave her alone. Let her do her job."
I laughed, looked the adult in the eye and told him,
"It's ok. I was that age once too."
We smiled and I guess this comment then opened a new door for the teenager...
"How old are you?!"
"21" I said. (HEY! I've got 14 days left! :D)
"Well... I'm 18 so that's really not that much older than me!!!"
HAHA. K kid. Whatever :) I really had NO clue that this kid was hitting on me HARD CORE.
So the night goes on, we take our breaks and eat dinner, start breaking down the back of house and get ready to break down the ballroom where the party was. As I walk out behind everybody, I notice that a couple of the servers are standing around this one spot at a table. I thought it was strange at first but didn't have another thought towards it... Until Camille came up to me and said,
"Heather... there's a present for you over here."
"HUH!?!?!"
We walked over to where everyone was standing and literally... there WAS a present!! You have to invision this part since I couldn't bring the goblet or fork home... this teenager I had talked to had made a person out of gum wrappers and a piece of breadstick... stuck a fork in the bottom of him and put the fork in the goblet...
He also had this note propped up against the goblet...
"Please make sure Heather gets this"
UH OH.
Next to the goblet, folded like a football was this...
Oh yes. I had an admirer.
"Heather, Do you love me? Do you wanna be my friend? If you do, don't be afriad to take me by the hand if you want to. If you think this is how love goes check- Yes or No <3 Cash (phone number)"

"P.S. If the answer is Yes, then the ring is for you"
Oh yes. He made a ring out of gum wrappers...
I... about... died. Apparently, the first part of the letter are words to a song... can't remember which one someone said it was. But wait... this letter gets better...

Awwwww. Such a sweet boy :)
Oh but wait for it.....
"Will you wait for me on my mission? Yes or No"
OH. MY. HECK?!?!?! Am I in Utah or WHAT?! GAH!
Here's the BEST part!!!!!

"Come to the dance after dinner! I'll be looking for you!!"
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!
I took my gift, ran to the back of house to find Hayley and we seriously spent about 20 min LAUGHING over the note and my bread stick man. I had tears rolling down my face while Hayley was taking pictures of it all on her phone. By the end of the night... EVERYONE knew about my admirer and gift!! Parts of mine and Hayley's conversation was as follows:
Me: "Hayley! I'm MARRIED!!! I had NO clue this kid was hitting on me!!"
Hayley: "Welcome to Utah!!"
Hayley: "How did he NOT see your ring?! I mean, look at that thing! It's NOT little!!!"
Me: "Hayley! Trevor's gonna make me QUIT!!!"
Later, after we had calmed down I went back to work, and about 10 min later Hayley came in and pulled me aside. She had the pink ring in her hand and told me that I should take my wedding ring off, put the pink one on and go find this Cash kid, walk up to him and say, "Look, I'm really sorry, but I'm actually married." take the pink ring off, give it to him, and put my wedding ring back on. We started laughing again. Oh man. SO funny!!
Later, once Trevor picked me up and I told him to story, he told me that I should text Cash-which I did and said, "Hey Cash. It's Heather. Look, I'm really sorry I didn't come to the dance... my husband wouldn't let me. Thanks for making me smile today though bud! Have fun!" I never did get a response :) Maybe it was a fake number....


1 comment:
Ha Ha so funny Dad and I laughed so hard.
Post a Comment