WOW!!! What a DAY!!!! :D :D :D :D The morning started out great! Trevor worked and then we went and got my USU Student Card, got a grand tour of his office, and bookstore shopping. Institute was next, and HOLY COW were there a TON of people. I was in complete shock!!!! I have never experienced being around THIS many members in one place... TOTALLY AWESOME!!!! There truly is strength in numbers :)
AH! Cafe Rio for lunch!!!!! At this point, this was the best part of the day!! It was DELICIOUS as always, and like always, both Trevor and I ate too much! Gotta love Cafe Rio! We'll be having that for dinner hopefully once a week ;-) in my dream world of course ;-) We had actually run into one of Trevor's old friends and had lunch with him and it was really fun! Trevor is quite the big deal here on campus and everyone seems to know him! And yet.... I still can't find anybody that can give me some dirt on him ;-) Is he really perfect!?!?! SCORE!!!! ;-)
After Cafe Rio we had the chance to go up into Green Canon and do some Geocaching!! If you remember from a previous post, Trevor and I had done this very activity in Saint Louis and we had a blast!! It's something that Trevor really has a lot of fun doing and it's so fun to watch him get so excited! I enjoy it too :) Especially today when I found a total of 3 Geocaches out of the 4 we found :D WUH-BAM!!
Quickly, a quick run through of what Geocaching is-it's basically a treasure hunt. Someone hides a box with little do-dads and a "log" that the finder gets to sign and add trinkets of their own. Once these boxes or hollowed out acorns or whatever they've chosen to use, is hidden they put the coordinates on the Geocaching website and anyone can attempt to go find the "Treasure" using a GPS. It's SUPER fun and you sometimes find the craziest things!!! The craziest one yesterday was this huge hollowed out pine cone that someone had put a test tube with the log rolled up inside and hung it from a tree branch with fishing line. It was pretty awesome to find, especially when I asked Trevor, "Do pine cones usually hang by strings in trees? I don't even know...." hahahaha blonde moment!! ;-) So that one was way awesome.
THE BEST PART (AKA THIS IS THE PROPOSAL STORY) Trevor plugged in the coordinates for the last Geocache and we headed up this SUPER steep incline up the mountain. Naturally, I was kinda, sort of complaining the whole way up :D But he stood behind me and pushed me up the mountain when I was too tired (Great metaphor to use later huh?!). We made it up into this clearing where there were picnic benches and tables and I laughed and made a comment about this being a make-out place for sure! hahaa! As we walked a few more feet, according to the GPS Trevor had given me control of (such a smart man ;-D) We got placed in between two trees. I didn't have ANY CLUE as to what was going on but SOMEHOW played right into his plan ;-) and asked him, "Well, which one do you want to take?" cuz secretly, I was wanting to get back down the mountain as soon as possible before my legs gave out haha Trevor picked the tree on the right, and I told him I'd be all over the one on the left.
I walked over to the tree on the left and began my search!!! I found the Geocache, pulled it out, called Trevor over and opened it up. As SOON as I opened it, I started to freak out... This wasn't a normal Geocache... It had my name on a notebook, pictures of me and Trevor, a SigEp pin, Trevor's Nauvoo Diamond Ring, and the yellow squishy ball I liked to play with in his car... UH OH!!! I started to read the little blue notebook and on each page was one word and it was basically a story about a boy who fell in love with a girl and wanted her to be a part of his life forever but he still needed to still ask a question.....
I STOPPED BREATHING. AND OUT OF THE CORNER OF MY EYE I SAW SOMETHING GLITTER... HE LOOKED AT ME, AND POPPED THE QUESTION!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! I couldn't say a word and first and just buried my head in my hands to breathe haha of course, I said YES!!!! haha we have TECHNICALLY been engaged since August, but without the "hardware" ;-) Everyone pretty much knew we were engaged, had a date, and had wedding plans underway :) But you know what, call us cheesy, but we wanted to wait and formally announce everything once I was able to come out to Logan. I am more thrilled than I have ever been in my life!!! I have personally, been able to really reflect on my past and realize how GRATEFUL I am that my life has turned out the way it has!!! For all the heartbreak... it really WAS worth it. Trevor is the love of my life!! My other half!! My equal!! (Even though I still swear he's out of my league ;-D)
Trevor Lee Nelson and Heather Ann Rowbotham will be sealed for time and ALL Eternity in the Bountiful, Utah Temple on December 17th, 2010
IT'S ABOUT FREAKIN' TIME!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)
Ps. The Homecoming dance was last night-we had a BLAST having dinner that the boys cooked for their dates (which was DELICIOUS) dancing, True Aggie Night (Which Trevor and I participated in :D Of course ;-D) and a movie. SUCH a fun night!!!!!! Such a perfect DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Until tomorrow :D


1 comment:
Super Duper Cute! Love your ring :)
Post a Comment